(no email address required)
This RSS feed keeps you up-to-date with all new content added to the Med-Solver.com website.
Click below to subscribe.
What's an RSS Feed?
In fact, we're talking about multiple roles, affecting just about every body function. Here's a summary list:
- Building and maintaining bone mass
- Regulating heart function
- Regulating bowel function and preventing constipation
- Ensuring the transmission of nervous impulses in the nervous system
- Ensuring adequate blood clotting
- Enabling adequate enzyme function in multiple metabolic processes (including the metabolism of fat).
Burning off fat requires adequate enzyme function, otherwise the process comes to a halt. That's why Calcium depletion may hinder or stop a weight loss program, since the enzymes in the body are less able
to break down fat. In this situation, instead of burning off calories to meet our energy needs, the body
shuts down and hangs on to its fat reserves (going into starvation mode).
Deficiencies of other vitamins, minerals, and microelements may occasionally result in the same phenomenon.
In conclusion: Daily Calcium supplements (available over the counter) should be part of an effective weight loss program, especially since cutting back on food increases the chances of becoming calcium- or vitamin depleted.
Note: Calcium supplements may be contraindicated in certain medical conditions, therefore it's prudent to clear this with your doctor.
Return to " Control Hunger"