Metabolife is a fairly popular weight loss supplement, probably due to the fact it is sold in discount stores around
the country. In fact, the company markets multiple products, all of which are basically variations
on the same theme, i.e. a rather common blend of vitamins and stimulant agents.
This page focuses on formula of Metabolife Ultra, one of the more popular offshoots of the group.
- Garcinia Cambogia extract (standardized for hydroxycitric acid) - supposed to have carb-blocking action and possibly appetite suppressant action
- Guarana extract (standardized for caffeine) - a thermogenic (fat-burning) agent
- Vitamin B complex (Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pyridoxine) - which intervene in
multiple cellular processes, including the metabolism of glucose and fats
- Calcium and Pantothenic Acid - required for a variety of metabolic processes
- Chromium - a microelement which helps stabilize blood glucose levels.
(no email address required)
This RSS feed keeps you up-to-date with all new content added to the Med-Solver.com website.
Click below to subscribe.
What's an RSS Feed?
- Analyzing the ingredients above, we note one moderately effective thermogenic agent, one carb-blocker/appetite suppressant, and a combination of vitamins and regulatory agents.
- The formula looks safe enough, and useful as an adjunct to a
reduced calorie diet and exercise. However, I wouldn't expect any dramatic weight loss results
just by taking this supplement.
- Overall, there is insufficient data as yet on the Ephedra-free Metabolife products. As such, it's
hard to say how they compare to the original Ephedra-containing products. My overall feeling is,
there will be less weight loss with the new products, since the thermogenic agents used don't
compare with Ephedra as far as fat-burning potential. However, these products will also have
less unpleasant side effects, and will make for a safer weight loss process.
- The dose recommended by the manufacturer is 2 capsules 3 times a day, taken at least
one hour prior to meals with a large glass of water, not to exceed a total of 6 capsules per day.
- Doses should be taken at least 4 hours apart from each other.
- The entire product line is widely available online and in stores, at reasonably low prices.
- The lowest cost we found for Metabolife Ultra online was about $13 for 90 capsules.
Please note: This product is for the use of adults only. Pregnant or nursing women should not take this product. Please be aware that any weight loss supplement may be associated with certain side effects and/or
health risks. It is prudent to talk to your physician prior to using this or any other weight loss product, especially if you are taking other medication or suffer from a preexisting medical condition.
Disclaimer: Although the information on this page is correct to the best of our knowledge, its accuracy and completion are not guaranteed. Prior to using this or any other weight loss supplement, please refer to the instructions included by the manufacturer with the product purchased.
Return from "Metabolife" to "Weight Loss Supplements"